- This event has passed.
Saturday Ride-Big Basin to Boulder Creek!
November 19, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
• Introduce yourself to new riders. If you’re a new rider, introduce yourself at the start of the ride.
• Roll out from the start/regroups gently so everyone has a chance to warm up and get going.
• Use hand signals and call out turns, stops and road obstructions. Repeat the message through the group.
• Mechanicals: relay the message to the front. Help out the victim. Wait for the victim at the next regroup.
• Ride paceline / 2×2 on the flats. Ride leader will initiate rotating paceline when the group desires.
• Follow behind the wheel in front to avoid the bunch spilling over the road.
• Don’t ride on the sidewalk at Los Gatos Coffee Roasting Company
• If you leave a ride early, notify someone so the group doesn’t think they lost you
• Please carry ID just in case.
• Riders must wear a helmet. Riders are encouraged to wear a helmet on LGBRC rides and riders are discouraged from riding with LGBRC groups if they don’t wear a helmet.
• Riders are always responsible for their own safety. If you feel uncomfortable riding with the group, gently move to the rear of the group.
• Look for yourself for cars and other road users, and OBEY TRAFFIC rules – you are responsible.
• Do NOT cross the centerline. You will be asked to leave the ride if you do so.
• If you’re new to group riding, make this known to the ride leader and ask for help.
• Protect your front wheel, do not overlap wheels.
• Do not make sudden lateral movements at any time.
• Be gentle on brakes so as not to suddenly stop in front of someone.
• No Aero Bar use.