The ride this Saturday features the classic Page Mill climb amidst a solid 49.3 miles of covered ground. We start the adventure in Los Gatos at 8:00 a.m, and head to the Peet’s off Foothill Rd in Cupertino. Here, we rendezvous with those living further north or later risers. The anticipated arrival at Peet’s is 9:00am depending on winds and banter.
Peet’s pick up:
- Meet either at LGCRC at 8:00 AM (101 W Main Street, Los Gatos CA) and ride to Peet’s
- Or meet at Peet’s (22350 Homestead Rd, Cupertino, CA) at 9:00 AM
With a climb like Page Mill, there may be a need to form elements, if a group of riders is well behind the first group. The first group to Skyline shouldn’t have to languish, especially as they’ll soon be parted again on hilly Skyline. Maybe all can reunite at the coffee shop.
We have a few stops with the opportunity for regroups:
- Peet’s Coffee
- Page Mill and Skyline (Privy)
- Cal Fire Highway 9 (water, bench) [optional rest stop depending on need for water and re-grouping]
- Big Basin Way and 6th Street (optional post-descent regroup in Saratoga).
The weather looks solid for Saturday, expect a crisp fall morning that turns to 86 degrees.