When and Where: Meet 9am at Starbucks 654 Fremont Ave, Los Altos, CA 94024
Route: The loop is around 50 miles return to StarBucks. We are usually back right around 12 noon.
Group Event Info:- https://www.strava.com/clubs/265/group_events/1029866
Regroups: Portola/Alpine Stop Sign, Top of Joaquin, Cañada Road, Woodside near Robert’s market, and as needed on way back.
Speed:- Moderate pace (~18-20 mph) so the group stays together on the flat parts. Climb your own speed at the if there is any hills as we will regroup at top.
Approximate time: 3H 00Min
- Portola Rd & Alpine Rd
- Woodside Store Park( has water)
- San Mateo Bicycle Sunday( has water)
- Woodside Rd
RIDE ETIQUETTE: https://lgbrc.org/ride_protocol.html
- Introduce yourself to new riders. If you’re a new rider, introduce yourself at the start of the ride.
- Roll out from the start/regroups gently so everyone has a chance to warm up and get going.
- Use hand signals and call out turns, stops and road obstructions. Repeat the message through the group.
- Mechanicals: relay the message to the front. Help out the victim. Wait for the victim at the next regroup.
- Ride paceline / 2×2 on the flats. Ride leader will initiate rotating paceline when the group desires.
- Follow behind the wheel in front to avoid the bunch spilling over the road.
- Don’t ride on the sidewalk at Peet’s
- If you leave a ride early, notify someone so the group doesn’t think they lost you
- Please carry ID just in case.
- Riders must wear a helmet. Riders are encouraged to wear a helmet on LGBRC rides and riders are discouraged from riding with LGBRC groups if they don’t wear a helmet.
- Riders are always responsible for their own safety. If you feel uncomfortable riding with the group, gently move to the rear of the group.
- Look for yourself for cars and other road users, and OBEY TRAFFIC rules – you are responsible.
- Do NOT cross the centerline. You will be asked to leave the ride if you do so.
- If you’re new to group riding, make this known to the ride leader and ask for help.
- Protect your front wheel, do not cross wheels.
- Do not make sudden lateral movements at any time.
- Be gentle on brakes so as not to suddenly stop in front of someone.
- No Aero Bar use.
Non – Members:
LGBRC welcomes non-members to join us on our rides. However, non-members must have a Waiver on file with the club. Blank forms may be found on our website at:
Please fill out the appropriate form and bring it with you to the ride. Alternatively, you may sign the form, scan it and e-mail the scan to Bgordon@Structint.com You only need to fill out a waiver once per calendar year. Thank you.