- This event has passed.
Saturday August 27 Scenic Capitola and Mt. Charlie
August 27, 2022 @ 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Meet time: 8:30AM (roll ~8:35)
Elevation gain: 1,569m/~5,000ft
Estimated elapsed time: 5h
Summer is the best time to enjoy the refreshing ocean breeze. This time we’ll do the scenic version of the world famous ride (in my mind it is, yes!) to Capitola. Cliff Drive is one way towards Capitola, so the solution is to take the bike path, which can be crowded, but has a fun California beach vibe.
- Top of LGCT at Lexington.
- Old Santa Cruz at Summit Rd.
- Esplanade Park in Capitola (know how to get from San Jose-Soquel to Esplanade Park. It has water and bathrooms, no need to regroup sooner).
- Chevron Scotts Valley (water, food, restrooms prior to Mt. Charlie climb)
- Top of Mt Charlie intersection with Summit.
The weather is going to be perfect.
It’s at East Cliff Drive that we transition to the bike path.
We’ll ride on the multi-use path on the left, weaving in between pedestrians, etc, because Cliff Drive is one way towards Capitola. This isn’t exactly race training, but it is fun and scenic.