Ride Protocol and Ride Safety
• Introduce yourself to new riders. If you’re a new rider, introduce yourself at the start of the ride.
• Roll out from the start/regroups gently so everyone has a chance to warm up and get going.
• Use hand signals and call out turns, stops and road obstructions.. Repeat the message through the group.
• Mechanicals: relay the message to the front. Help out the victim.. Wait for the victim at the next regroup.
• Ride paceline / 2×2 on the flats. Ride leader will initiate rotating paceline when the group desires.
• Follow behind the wheel in front to avoid the bunch spilling over the road.
• Don’t ride on the sidewalk at Peet’s
• If you leave a ride early, notify someone so the group doesn’t think they lost you
• Riders should carry Medical ID that contains your name and emergency contact information. Additional helpful information includes any medical history. Two IDs are preferable.
• Riders should always wear a helmet. Riders are encouraged to wear a helmet on LGBRC rides and riders are discouraged from riding with LGBRC groups if they don’t wear a helmet.
• Riders are always responsible for their own safety. If you feel uncomfortable riding with the group, gently move to the rear of the group.
• Look for yourself for cars and other road users, and OBEY TRAFFIC rules – you are responsible.
• Do NOT cross the center line. You will be asked to leave the ride if you do so.
• If you’re new to group riding, make this known to the ride leader and ask for help.
• Protect your front wheel, do not cross wheels.
• Do not make sudden lateral movements at any time.
• Be gentle on brakes so as not to suddenly stop in front of someone.
• No Aero Bar use